Tuesday, January 25, 2022

News from the Principal's Office

View this email in your browser

January 25, 2022

Dear STM Families,

This letter is to let you know that I have sent Superintendent of Catholic Schools, Pam Lyons, a formal notice of my retirement from my position as principal at St. Thomas More School, effective July 2022. I plan to finish this school year and to make my departure as smooth as possible so that the incoming principal will have everything necessary in place to support the school in the most thoughtful, productive and effective way possible. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the trust and confidence you have placed in me as your principal for the past twelve years. The STM community is truly a special place and I have been blessed to spend the majority of my life as an educator here. Since that first day, August 1, 1987, I have had the opportunity to grow personally and professionally working at St. Thomas More School, both as a teacher and an administrator. During these years, we have worked together to further the legacy of St. Thomas More and I'm pleased to have been a major part of our school's success. 

I am immensely proud of the work we do, the colleagues I have been privileged to work with, and the loving and caring community that we have fostered. It has been a joy to see the school evolve in so many wonderful ways as many generations of families moved through our doors. I am proud of our students and grateful to the teachers and staff who give so much of themselves each day for our children. It has given me much pleasure to see so many of my students' children attend and graduate from here. It's also been an incredible gift to now be working alongside so many former students. However, it's probably time to retire before a student informs me that I taught their grandparents!

St. Thomas More will always have a special place in my heart and I wish the students, staff and community every continued success. I must admit that I will greatly miss seeing the students and my colleagues and interacting with them each day. However, I am looking forward to retirement, to spending more time with my husband and family, to visiting my mom and family in Ireland more often, and to figuring out a plan for my future.

The Department of Catholic Schools will work with the STM community in the process of finding the next principal. You will be kept updated on the steps taken along the way and the formation of the selection committee. We ask God's blessings on this next step in the history of St. Thomas More School. 


Sincerely,

 

Marie Fitzpatrick
Principal

Copyright © 2022 St. Thomas More School, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email from the office of St. Thomas More School.  
Thank you for helping us go green.

Our mailing address is:
50 Thomas More Way
San Francisco, CA 94132
www.stmsf.org

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 
 






This email was sent to bwong9.stmnewsletter2122@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
St. Thomas More School · 50 Thomas More Way · San Francisco, CA 94132 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp